STAYCATIONSCan’t get away this summer? Maybe your vacation trip has come and gone and you want more.
Here are 10 options for staycation fun.
1. MUSEUMS: Visit local museums. Even small ones have interesting finds. Did you know you can take museum tours right at home? Here are 3 sites that list some of the museums you can “go” to virtually:
You can take these tours year ‘round. So when you have cabin fever from a long winter, take a tour.
2. LOCAL THEATERS: Check out your local theaters to see what plays or concerts are playing for an evening out. Or see if there are any “concerts in the park.”
3. PARKS: Visit a local national park or an amusement park or the zoo for the day.
4. SPORTING EVENTS: Go to a major or minor league sporting event.
5. FILM FESTIVAL: Host your own family/friends film festival. Each person gets to choose a movie, then spend the day enjoying the features. Discuss and rate each movie. Don’t forget to have plenty of snacks on hand.
6. BOARD GAME TOURNAMENT: Choose a few board games, set up a scoreboard, and have fun. Again, don’t forget to have plenty of snacks on hand.
7. BACKYARD CAMPING: Can’t get away to go camping? Set up a tent in your backyard.
8. LOCAL TOURIST SPOT: Find what tourist spots makes your area unique and go visit them.
9. LOCAL FESTIVALS: Look in your local newspaper or online to find any local festivals.
10. THEMED RESTAURANT or DINNER THEATER: See if your area has any restaurants with an unusual theme or find a dinner theater.
Many of these can be done year ‘round, so don’t just save them for summer. Vacation all year long!
NEW!THE WIDOW'S PLIGHT ~ A sweet historical romance that will tug at your heart. This is book 1 in the Quilting Circle series.
Washington State, 1893
When Lily Lexington Bremmer arrives in Kamola with her young son, she’s reluctant to join the social center of her new community, the quilting circle, but the friendly ladies pull her in. She begins piecing a sunshine and shadows quilt because it mirrors her life. She has a secret that lurks in the shadows and hopes it doesn’t come out into the light. Dark places in her past are best forgotten, but her new life is full of sunshine. Will her secrets cast shadows on her bright future?
Widower Edric Hammond and his father are doing their best to raise his two young daughters. He meets Lily and her son when they arrive in town and helps her find a job and a place to live. Lily resists Edric’s charms at first but finds herself falling in love with this kind, gentle man and his two darling daughters. Lily has stolen his heart with her first warm smile, but he’s cautious about bringing another woman into his girls’ lives due to the harshness of their own mother.
Can Edric forgive Lily her past to take hold of a promising chance at love?
THE WIDOW'S PLIGHT is now available in ebook and paperback.
#ChristianRomance #HistoricalRomance #Romance
MARY DAVIS is a bestselling, award-winning novelist of over two dozen titles in both historical and contemporary themes. She has five titles releasing in 2018; "Holly & Ivy" in A Bouquet of Brides Collection in January, Courting Her Amish Heart in March, The Widow’s Plight in July, Courting Her Secret Heart September, & “Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure” in MISSAdventure Brides Collection in December. She is a member of ACFW and active in critique groups.
Mary lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of over thirty-three years and two cats. She has three adult children and one incredibly adorable grandchild. Find her online at: